Friday, July 1, 2011

Zurich

Today, my mother, my grandmother, my brother and I took the train to Zurich Switzerland!  We spent the day here in this beautiful city shopping, sightseeing, and (of course) EATING!



The day started off at the beautiful Hotel Europe, where we are staying.  My Grandmother is a regular here when she comes to the opera.

I love how traditional it looks!  We are literally across the street from the opera house!

After settling in, we took off to see the sights of this historic city.  Our first stop was Grossmunster or "Great Church."  It is an extraordinary building outside yet very simple inside.  I loved the modern, abstract stained glass and the amazing architecture.  But what took the cake for me was the organ!  It was so beautiful and really stood out in such a bare bones setting.  Because pictures were not allowed inside, I took one of the model of the church that stood just outside.

(the spire isn't actually crooked... the model was just a little messed up!)

We ate dinner at a fabulous, very traditional swiss restaurant called Zunfthaus zur Zimmerleuten.  It was the medieval carpenters guild house.  The food was out of this world!!!!

Peter with our amuse-bouche.  that chip in the middle is made of a fish fin!

After dinner we enjoyed a walk around town.  Zurich is most beautiful at night, in my opinion.

with my grandmother, annemarie


We had such a lovely day in zurich.  I cannot wait for tomorrow... carmen starring Vesselina Kasarova at the famous Opernhaus Zürich!!!


until then...


ciao!
Diana



No comments:

Post a Comment